Thursday 31 May 2012

402 - bugs hatching :-( May 31


 Day 402 was somewhat overcast but HOT day. Britt and I were off to school and work and Shaina later. Only a few weeks of high school left for Miss Shaina. I left work at 12:30 and ran errands arriving home at 1:15.

Sharon was here to meet me to grab things I had picked up for her.

I changed and Diego and I headed to install wood poles at the first curve to prevent people from driving on the grass then weeded and checked the tree nursery. On the way back I saw the dreaded nests of bugs (officially know as chokecherry tent maker) were hatching and moving out, UGGGHHH. Once Sheldon gets home we will go cut and burn.





look at the buggers!!

Asher and Amanda stopped out to have me put pictures on her hard drive and have a quick visit. Asher loves the dogs and always has to say hi a few 100 times.

Britt arrived home off the bus at the usual 4 pm. Her and I put out our lawn mower horses for a bit. Then I started to water and check trees till Sheldon got home. He and I went out on the worminator patrol torching the nests of gross caterpillars. We also trimmed and weeded the 1st year trees. Britt watered the deck plants then vegged maybe? At 6 we came back to the house where I started our steak supper and he puddled around outside picking more weeds along the road.

 biggest dandelion Sheldon says he has seen.. lucky us!

Shaina had arrived home at 5 after working on a project and began homework projects. After supper Britt went and caught 3 horses and she, Sheldon and I went for a nice ride. Again it was a fantastic night. Shaina put out her horse to graze but it seems she lost her mind bowled her over and ran the 80 acres trying to find us. Eventually we saw her and back to the house she came. I gave 4 horses their vaccines and let them graze until 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment