Tuesday 31 July 2012

463 - last day of July!

Day 463 is the last day of July, what the heck! where is the time going? It was another great looking day, Sheldon and I were up by 8, me off to work and him enjoying the start of another 2 weeks off work! He watched some Olympics while drinking coffee and having cereal before heading out to take recyclables and garbage to dump then doing banking errands and such in town.

Shaina met me at the office to get her vaccine and was off to Dr office then worked later in the day at the Station then had a sleepover with Kaylin in the evening. Britt had a relaxing day watching Olympics & TV, suntanning and kitty playing.
I was done work at noon and stopped at the accountants on my way home to pick up my business tax forms. The afternoon was sent doing dreaded accounting and blog updating while Sheldon made 3 trips to the Hutterites for gravel. He then watered a few more trees. I went out and weeded the island again and worked in my garden watering and pruning and picking veggies. The darn cabbage moths are destroying my kohlrabi and some cabbage leaves and a few others.... GRRRRR.
Supper was another healthy mainly from the garden meal with chicken, yum! Sharon and Darren stopped by with a bale check and had a quick drink and visit, The looming storm finally came in just before 9 and with the rain it also brought hail. Lots of moisture came down in about 20 minutes totaling 1/2 ". But then the storms continued to threaten and at 9 a bit more and thru the night even more, by morning there was 1 inch total. Well needed moisture for sure.


 rain starts, then hail.. Sheldon and D sit on the veranda and watch and the hail gets stronger

No comments:

Post a Comment