Thursday 22 November 2012

577 - Sheldon finishes his course

Day 577 found us still in the iceberg temperatures..OK it is only -10 at worst but it is cold after all the nice weather we have had. School and work again. Sheldon finishes his last day of his course today and will be home tonight.

Asher visited me at work today while Amanda ran her car to be detailed and oil changed then I gave them a quick ride home. He was funny carrying his ipad watching Nemo... my times have changed.

I left work after 12:30 but made a quick stop at Home Hardware to get my 5 gallon tub of paint shook. I am supposed to be painting the front door interior side but last night I had a brain wave that perhaps I should try to stain it and if it did not work I could always paint over but not the other way around. After looking at stain and talking to Randy my paint guru I remembered the gallon of stain I have left that is the cabinet color. He suggested I should call the paint store that made it to see if it will work on the fiberglass.
front door dilemma, all other doors are the decorators white.. but once I paint I cannot stain.. votes???

Back at the ranch decided to go safe and paint the step stool first. I mixed a bit of my freshly shaken white trim paint into the my blue chalk paint to make a lighter blue for the step stool.




After a bit more procrastination I decided I would do the pine quilt rack I had left natural for years. It was the original inspiration for dark stain as I did a test patch of white last night on the stool and did not like as well as I thought. Below is the second gallon of stain we bought, as you can see there is only about an inch gone, guess I can stain the entire house's wood and more.
I also did a wee test patch on the front door after washing it but did not do dark and took off with paint thinner soon after.

I made goulash for Britt and I then I painted the second coat of blue on the stool. Sheldon arrived home just after 8 as I was finishing up. Shaina got home much later after working till close then watching a movie with Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment