Sunday 12 August 2012

475 - busy tidy day

Day 475 found us all sleeping in till 10. Rain came down around 8 so it was nice to keep sleeping while the tanks filled and my garden got watered (1/10th came down). Sheldon and I got ready and headed tot he pancake breakfast back at the wedding site. He stayed and helped take down the huge tent then drove the skid steer home. He spent the rest of the day watering & weeding trees and tinkering around.

Shaina head to another new job at the golf course just after I got home around 12. I started laundry and cleaning but Britt and I took a break to run to Stout's to see their new horse Timba. It was lots of odds and ends to do including updating the blog since it had been over a week. Britt & I rode ponies to condition for this w/e upcoming club tournament.

For supper I cooked up chicken breasts, garden beets and quinoa while Britt made M&M cookies, a take home gift from the wedding, for dessert. We ate by 7 and soon after she had Hannah, Brooke and Amber arrive for a sleepover. She also conned us into letting her have a couple guys come over to enjoy a fire but plans fell thru for that part. Sheldon went back out after supper to continue with trees as well as running to Matt's to retrieve our generator. I continued to update the blog and face book with my many photos. The girls headed out to the trailer for the sleepover around 10 when the lightening lit up the sky, finally after an hour it did rain a wee bit but really put on a wild storm light show. Shaina got home late as usual! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment