Sunday 26 August 2012

489 - Sunday August 26

Day 489 found Sheldon up drinking coffee and catching up on sports news at 8:30. I got out of bed at 9 to enjoy a tea on such a lovely morning. Hard to believe it is the end of August. So much has happened. Today is sunny but so windy!

I spent time transferring notes from many note pads to a new book and updating the calendar and blog. I also gave Diego his cartrophen shot a few days late. At 10 Sheldon went to town to grab a ladder and some boards he needs to finish the planter taking Diego along for the ride. I cleaned dreaded toilets and my bedroom, this is what I found in my night stand
 a security measure left from Kaylin's house sitting and some Christmas loot!!
By 11 Sheldon was back and got busy cutting the boards, I refilled the salt/mineral supplies for the fat pen then  moved my Japanese peonies from the far field storage area. Once boards were in, we unloaded the last of the potting soil replanting the lilac tree a bit higher. I watered my garden and planters while doing so.



I planted 2 large peony plants into 6 areas while he went and picked up the snow blade and pulled the hitching post poles etc to clean up last of old tack storage area then graded road . At 1:20 I came in and made lunch, Britt had showered, typical teen. I called S in just before 2, we ate and he went back out to finish grade road. I spent afternoon cleaning.. the usual few windows, vacuuming, spot washing the hardwood and walls, stripping beds and laundry.

Shaina home just after 3:30, tried to sneak a sleep but I had her up by 4:30 to help Sheldon change the oil in her car. She hosed KD and then they ran to neighbors to dig some fresh potatoes for supper. Britt swept the garage steps and food prep area. Supper was late again (7) but delicious, roast chicken, new potatoes, roast sweet potato and cabbage.

After supper at about 7:30, we all went for a ride. Shaina took Baby out for her maiden voyage and what entertainment that was. She went well until asked to lope, she gave a full bronc squeal and cat arched back buck but Shaina carried on. Then the comedy ensued every time she was asked to lope. I captured a bit on video.. too funny. She has no withers so the saddle always ended up on her neck. We did manage to ride for over an hour and then headed back home. A few more were hosed and we all went inside. Baths and showers cleaned everyone up and after a bit Shaina went to stay with a lonely Kaylin for sister sleepover.
 check the video


No comments:

Post a Comment