Saturday 25 August 2012

488 - Asher day

Day 488 was a lazy start. Amanda dropped Asher off at 9:50 getting us up and moving. He was quite set on going outside to see the animals so once I dressed him we went out. Sheldon ran check for dirt to Matt and thought he was picking Britt up from Olson's, clearly he does not listen, she is in town at Brooke's.  I watered my new planter with Asher's help while Sheldon worked on the last part of the planter.




 his favorite new "chair", must put feet up and lay back





Then Asher and I fed the horses food and medicine. It was nap time at 12:30 for Asher and I made Sheldon lunch. He came in to eat while I sorted and cleaned the freezer for the arrival of bison this afternoon. Sheldon ran to town to get Britt at 1:30 and home just before 2.
healthy burger with bacon and grilled veggies, who says this no wheat no dairy thing is hard :-)
 think this is my first spaghetti squash, not bad
 but this is my first pumpkin and should have referenced size, actual size is small tomato

Asher got up at 2 and had some lunch before we headed back outside. Papa arrived at just after 2 with the bison. Britt hosed Bird good, the leg is open more but we were told this would happen. A fellow arrived to pickup his bison soon after. I worked on unloading our bison into the freezer and sorting our Kaylin's 1/4 while the guys had a beer. Britt cared for Asher in the house.



Papa brought the dogs 2 bags of bones so they were in heaven!
the meat mover quad

Kaylin came out around 3:30 to visit all and grab meat . She left at 4 when Shaina just got home from job #1 at golf course. Papa left just before 4 heading back to the Hat. Amanda arrived about 4:15 visited for a bit and then headed home taking little man. Shaina got ready for job #2 (station) and left just before 5. She is going on a party bus tonight after her shift ends at 8:30 then staying at Kaylin's again. Kaylin did another wedding today, 7 girls in total. She had let me know this week Aaron got into school earlier than January now but actually October so they may be moving to the city. This will cramp Shaina's crash pad for sure.

Sheldon checked Kaylin's oil as she was getting ready to leave and found none so filled it up before sending her on her way. He then got back to the last of the planter work. I updated the blog while trying to roust Britt to go hose rest of horses and scoop more dog doo.

5 pm was another beer break for Sheldon as he watched me create lazy man's cabbage rolls for supper.He then headed back out to finish the back side of the planter so we could fill with dirt and get the lilac straight and ready to grow permanently.
 looking great
long ways from the picture I posted a few weeks back thru the leafed trees, nuclear look is in but the grass is greening up


Supper of lazy cabbage rolls was served at 6:45, Hannah came at 7 after getting home from holidays. I cleaned up the kitchen washing dishes and cupboards while Sheldon cleaned up tools then hit the shower and couch. The girls went out and hosed Bird. I whipped up a vitamix smoothie and it was TV time for Sheldon and I, he was soon asleep and the girls watched movies till Hannah was picked up at 11.
 you could see the mountains well but did not show in the photo :-(

a view I never tire of, sun setting over the horses in a green pasture !


No comments:

Post a Comment