Sunday 7 October 2012

531 - turkey day in our house

Day 531 was a breezy scattered cloud day to celebrate thanksgiving! Britt was up early getting ready for work which she came to tell me at 8 she needed to be there by 8:30 but soon returned to say they changed her to 9. I drove her to work for 9 and grabbed a tea on my way home. Sheldon was up with his coffee watching TV and soon lit a fire.

It was a relaxing morning. I prepared our turkey for today and threw him in at 11:30. There would be no big family dinner as Shaina works noon to close and Britt finishes at 1. Kaylin and Aaron are going to his moms for turkey but may stop later.

The day was spent cleaning and sorting my laundry room cupboards. The church rummage sale is coming up so it is incentive. I love the purging and clean cupboard feeling. I also washed the bedding all up too while cooking a turkey for supper.

The wind was howling for most of the day but Sheldon ventured out into it and picked up Britt from work at 1 then worked on the hitching post. Britt worked on tidying her room or at least that was the request from me. The 3 of us enjoyed a delicious turkey dinner just before 4. After cleaning up I started to feel not so well so had a nap on the couch. After a bit, Sheldon joined the rest game too.

Shaina was home from work at 7, enjoyed her turkey supper and proceeded to wash her sheets and laying out photo frames to plan her wall. Brandon came out a little later around 9 to watch movies till 1 and even brought her a pumpkin pie. I felt really crappy so headed to bed at 8 and Sheldon too, we caught up on a few PVR shows before I went to sleep and he watched baseball. Yesterday I started book 2 of the Mortal Instruments series and read on the way there and home and read a bit tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment