Wednesday 6 June 2012

408 - holy rain! June 6

Day 408 I woke up Sheldon at 6:09 and he heard Britt up too, she was off to track and field zones in Calgary at 6:30 just after he left for work. I decided to play words with friends for a bit and read before getting up for work and waking Shaina. I checked the rain gauge to find 1 INCH and 1/10 of rain over night during the storm.
 snapped these as leaving for work

Shaina headed to school and I followed to work. The rain came down during the morning and sun popped out at 1 but the wind came with it :-( Kaylin stopped around 11:30 on her way north to Bonnyville to pickup Aaron. It was a long drive up and back logging in about 14 hours driving. They are off on a trip tomorrow early in the morning.

For lunch Coreena and I took Sharon out to OJ for belated birthday lunch. I left work at 2 making stops to pick up Sheldon's new nose spray prescription, drop resumes for Shaina, pick up a parcel and pay my long over due business registration. Home at 3 I did computer work as too windy to work outside. I did check rain gauge and it recorded 2/10ths today
 afternoon shots

After getting home from work and have a refresher together, Sheldon went out to push dirt around the poor spruce in the moat! At around 6 he took an extended trip to town to pick her up off the bus home from track. Update on the school awards night we missed, Britt received top grade nine mark for Science and for Industrial Education,  along with honors with distinction and top math in her classroom ..YAY BRITT!!

Back at the ranch I enjoyed catching up on my stack of magazines while Sheldon watched the 4th Stanley cup hockey game. Britt hit the shower and relaxed. Shaina worked from after school till 9 then went to lacrosse game, then applied for a job at OJ's getting home at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment