Tuesday 12 June 2012

414 - another plus 24 day june 12

Day 414 was a gorgeous summer like day. After dropping Britt at school and getting hot beverages for Sharon and myself at work I put in a busy morning. Working thru lunch. I headed home at 1:20 but not before filling with gas for tomorrows journey to Hanna, stopping at Canadian tire to see if more spirea were in and any other new plants as well as checking out bug zappers. I then stopped at UFA and purchased a bug zapper in hopes of getting rid of some of these moths. They all said they are terrible this year and many are trying to find an answer. I also grabbed  a fly trap too. By now it was 2:30 when I got home to the ranch snatching the mail as I blew by.
At the ranch I was busy pruning, watering etc, my new ground hogs day but once Shaina finally got home from school and making clothes sales, she dropped my free chicken wire off so I could start my pea trellis projects. Sheldon helped set up the tilting lilac trees once he arrived home form work then he played in the dirt stopping to help me unjam the staple gun and cut some long stakes.
 recycled and free cycle.. pea trellis creation with my trade tools
 LOVE THESE!!
Brandon had come out too at the same time as Shaina and they went for a ride ponying KD who has another cut while Britt headed out on Beck. Sharon stopped to drop off horse minerals she picked up for me and had a quick look around at the progress. I managed to send a bucket of purple aster with her too. Kaylin text saying there flight was delayed and they were stuck in Los Angeles for the night with no bags, yikes.

By now it was after 7 so I went in the house and created beef stroganoff with the prime rib beef, Brandon joined us for the scrumptious supper too. After supper Britt went to catch horses and with not much luck catching Hawk, Shaina and Brandon tried to assist but B only came back with Pepper and Bird so her and I went out for a nice hour plus ride. Shaina got busy studying for part A of her social test tomorrow and Brandon headed back to the city as this is his last week of school too. Sheldon of course went out to play tractor :-)
At just before 10 after I planted a few more seeds and watered a bit I came in and updated the blog quick then jumped in the shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment