Wednesday 20 June 2012

422 - mowing and first day of summer

Day 422 was a lovely day. It was the first day of summer!! YAY!! I dropped Britt at school and headed to work, Shaina worked from 9:30-4 which was good as she needs money and she could study too. I left work at noon and proceeded to do tons of errands such as banking, gas, groceries, pick up booze, drop books at accountant, check 2 garden stores for more shrubs, pick up pinwheels for the bird plan and even fit in some shopping time at Reitmans to use a gift certificate I have had for over 2 years!

Back at the ranch at 2 I got busy after scarfing down a tuna on rye and a cold beer, first job mowing for an hour, hauling water to new shrubs in 5 gal buckets, watering the garden, let the horses out in bigger space and scooping poop in that area.

Britt home on bus and Shaina home form work soon after. Shaina cooked up some eggs and such to eat before all the girls arrived and they jumped in with Shannon to head to another day of math diploma prep in the city. Britt swept out the filthy garage floor and steps which with this mud and that huge dog are dirty daily. Sheldon once home from work put together his new weed sprayer and got busy spraying the darn weeds along the road to the gate and back and around the yard. I set up my new bird trap of pinwheels and painted rocks. Then Britt groomed horses while I trimmed Pepper and Bird.
    



















By now it was close to 6 so I set into the house to start supper while she tidied up and Sheldon had a quick shower. We ate the sausage supper and back out I went to harrow the ditches and track and then finished mowing the ditches increasing it at the gate area by even more.Britt scooped dog dung and I helped her put the polocrosse whites in garage laundry. Sheldon dumped my load of manure then scraped the pile by the gate ditch culvert for my mowing convenience and then hauled more top soil back for the island. He finished off his skid steer time with grading the road. I am not sure what Britt did in the house while we were working.


 Britt's laundry drying on the "line" :)


I came back in at 9:30 to update the blog and shower!! I was covered in dust head to toe. Sheldon came in a little after 10 and jumped into bed to read the last book in his series. Shaina arrived home at 10:30 and her and Shannon hung out for a bit. I finished the blog updates and headed to bed to read just after 11. Tiring but another accomplished day!

No comments:

Post a Comment