Sunday 10 June 2012

412 - 2 years ago a day later :(

Day 412 is the anniversary of the loss of our other Grandma/ Great Grandma on the Walker side. Yes it was back to back days for our loss. The memories seem fresh yet distant as so much has happened in the two years that have passed. Grandma Helen Ball will be remembered always for her kindness and generosity and love of family.
 This windy dreary rainy Sunday was not even a sleep in day for Sheldon and I, even after my disrupted sleep night. Awake at 8 ish we checked weather, played some phone games and read while enjoying a hot chai in bed. Around 10 I got up to update the blog. I am thinking baking is in order today so at 11 I started to make the delicious cinnamon buns.  Britt was picked up by Rhonda and taken to the city to spend the afternoon on a windy day indoors shopping.
In memory of Grama B I made home made oyster soup with fresh oysters. This is a tradition she had for Christmas eve but it is yummy any time.

Sheldon sealed the grout on the kitchen back splash and I made a moth trap. it seems we have an invasion of moths everywhere this year. Any one else? Any suggestions how to get rid of them? After enjoying a warm bowl of soup Sheldon tried to read but fell straight to sleep. I washed dishes and updated the blog while the buns rose. I cannot wait to bake and ice them and eat one!

Shaina arrived home around 2:30 as I was icing the cinnamon buns. They were scrumptious!! Sheldon even woke up for one. After throwing a cross rib roast in for supper I went to the garage to work on the old windows for the pea trellis and then got caught up organizing the shelving units.

Sheldon and I have far different organization skills, he likes to just pile on shelves where as me being a perfectionist requires designated areas for things. I did the gardening, paint and pet shelving  unit along with some of the games one before coming in to get a sweet potato in the oven, peruse kijiji for a dog house and water tank while enjoying a cold beer and juice. Kaylin text they are well and doing fine, the electric carnival is a bit lame sadly but the thought of shopping the outlet malls has her excited. Sheldon decided to join me, actually I called him out to help capture the fledgling bird Diego had brought in last night and was bouncing around the garage today. Diego was clearing shelves trying to capture himself but with group effort the bird was caught and released. Sheldon then set about hanging his peg board.


Shaina Sheldon and I ate at 6, a fantastic supper meant for more than the 3 of us. rib roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, roast sweet potatoes, coleslaw, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and avocado. Britt arrived home from shopping at 6:30 so filled up too. After supper Sheldon hit the couch and the girls retired to their separate rooms after cleaning the table. The rain started back up at 9 pm! Sheldon checked gauge today and it was 6/10th overnight.
after laying on the couch in dirty duds, a chastised Shel relaxes sans duds
 with Shaina's new camera I have been inspired reading tip blogs and snapped a few photos




No comments:

Post a Comment