Sunday 24 June 2012

426 - drizzly Sunday June 24th

Day 426, the last Sunday in June. I t was a dreary day. I was awake at 8:30 and chatted with Dale about the sale of their house and purchase of a new one. Very exciting for them all, sadly this means they most likely cannot make the reunion. Sheldon woke at around 9:30.. he is enjoying day 4 off I think. He then made coffee and read his book while I perused my new find Houzz (if you join let me know so I can follow you) as well as read a magazine and wrote up a for sale ad for the travel trailer. It made me feel sad to think about selling it but it is sadder that it has sat for 2 entire summers (and rest of the year) not being used. Someone else can enjoy it as much as we did, It is a fantastic trailer!

At noon a thunderstorm rolling in and the rain started, just when we planned to go out and work on the lower rail of the winter pasture. Instead Sheldon went to work in garage organizing peg board. The rain did not last long. It drizzled and was socked in like Ireland for most of the day. I cleaned the pantry and various cupboards stopping to snap photos of Britt's bathing Diego! I simmered up some tender ribs and at 5 threw them on the barbeque cooking up sides of quinoa and roasted veggies, scrumptious.







 Sheldon put the window shapes in finally.. oooo fancy and below is the after on the peg board, he also checked rain gauge and it showed 2.5/10ths
At 6 Lynda hauled out (first time on her own) to join us in a conditioning work out for the horses. Shaina ponied Daisy while riding KD, Britt on Bird, Sheldon on Beck, Lynda on Cowboy and me on Julio. It was all timed and coordinated by Shaina and sometimes 11 minutes felt like half an hour :-) All the horses were sweated up as half way thru the sun broke thru and the humidity rose. It was the perfect riding night. Back at the house after hosing all off we enjoyed a cool beverage and at 8:30 Lynda headed home and Shaina to study for her final test tomorrow, Pure Math 30! then she is done high school forever.
check out my grey horse after his nice clean hosing.. he runs to mud area and disguises himself as another black horse in that pen ... ah pig pen I love you!

I quickly updated the blog, continued the endless laundry and hit the tub. Sheldon swept the garage before coming in to read feeling very proud of his days accomplishments out there. Britt just hung out getting ready for the last few days of junior high school supposedly studying for her test tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment