Friday 29 June 2012

431 - it is a hot one! 31!

Day 431 found Jeff out here at 7:30 hammering on the forms for a bit. I managed to gt back to sleep and slept in until 10 am! Up for tea and  english muffins. At 11 Shaina arrived home
 the curved edge Jeff put on and below my yummy masala chai system
I watered the garden and planters, picked fresh spinach and lettuce.

At 1 Shaina had tacked up Julio for me and her and I went out with me leading Bird (since Britt still feeling yucky). Foreshadowing it was a bad idea as these 2 are so competitive esp in faster speeds. the first 35 minutes of trotting went well, when it came to the lope for 5 minutes the ball unraveled. these two are going from lope to gallop to sprint trying to out do each other as well as KD in the next row, dead ahead there is a row of trees now so i throw the lead rope over Bird necks and send her right. I put the weight in my left stirrup asking Julio to peel off right but he decides to follow her launching me airborne.. on to my butt and using my shoulder and back to plow thru the row of trees.. :/. Shaina yells "are you ok", "yep get the horses!" Well that was a bit more of an effort, she finally caught them about 1 mile away! Coming back with 3 tired ponies, I met her half way and we rode the tuckered out guys home where they were hosed and released!


By this time she was late for for work at target but quickly she got ready and was off. I jumped in the shower to ride some of the dirt I collected. After I had a couple ibuprofen and beer I created yummy salads we enjoyed on the deck.



My neck did not fair well after the tree incident so was spasming but Britt was going to ride Daisy for Shaina and wanted feet trimmed. I headed out to trim her with Sheldon and Britt's help.  Sheldon held feet while I nipped and Britt helped to file. Then Britt took her out for a ride. The thermometer showed 31, it was a warm day. I came back in and researched how to get rid of the cabbage maggots that are eating my radishes but it looks hopeless.. UGH dang you pests! I did try putting lime around them, obviously to late but whatever.

Sheldon worked on the swather getting it all ready to roll for Monday's planned cutting day. Then we worked at removing a bit of the clay at the south end of the sidewalk and then loading gravel into the forms and leveling.

 the horse whisperer after letting Daisy go after their ride
 gravel going in
 but a break to hook up the trailer including the battery to start, been awhile

Britt and I ran to Olsen's to borrow some ball gloves for the w/e. I made mushroom pork chops with fried potatoes and peas for supper, then vacuumed the main floor and washed pot and pans before enjoying a peaceful gorgeous evening on the deck for an ice tea with Sheldon. By the evening he was starting to feel better as was Britt. Then it was back to packing food and beverages for the w/e into the trailer. We have a projected departure time of 8 AM in the morning :-)

Shaina got home at just after 9pm, packed her gear, ate supper and was off to a yet another grad party. This one a camp out which she is missing the rest to go to Acadia Valley homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment