Saturday 9 June 2012

411 - 2 years have passed :(

Day 411 awoke us with sunshine. This was fabulous after all the dreary rainy weather. Today is the 2 year anniversary since our Grandma and Great Grandma Florence Walker passed away. It seems so long ago yet not long at all, all in one. We sure miss her, she always loved calling to see what the girls and us were doing. She was a huge part of my life and that of the girls. Today we replanted the "grama" trees in their final resting spots and will them to grow and be a part of our new home and a reminder of their love.
It was a sleep in day for us all. Surprisingly Sheldon slept till 9:30 which logged in about 14 hours. I guess he was in dire need of sleep. As I was brushing my teeth I noticed the gate was left open to the temporary fenced area for the lawn mowers but they were no where to be seen. Sheldon spotted them in the winter pasture lazily eating the hay field. I awoke Britt and her and I went out to catch them and put them back in the "skinny" pen. Shaina was up and in the shower as she had a birthday date at 11 with Brandon, he was taking her to Banff to ride the gondola and out for supper.
After a cup of coffee for Sheldon and tea for me the day got underway. He and I moved the grama trees, planted 2 dog woods then  stopped for a quick bite to eat at just before 1.

the two tiny spruce trees are "the Grama trees" given to us by Ma and Pa K finally where they shall stay forever






We then weed eated the grass around the spruce trees and at the gate while Britt went to ride bird. While he did that I pruned the huge spruce and weeded the baby trees.
 before
 during
 and after, so much nicer
By now it was 4:30 so back the house we went for a cold beverage then onto projects like him moving dirt while I made 5 gallon pails of miracid fertilizer for the spruce trees, pruned and mowed the south trees and septic area. Sheldon moved the swather there as well as poles and other implements. Britt spent a few hours scooping poop in the skinny pasture. Sheldon and I created part of the pea trellis. We only need some wire now to add to the old window frames to complete the project.
 progress in my garden
 the new pea trellis frame
 the garden area
swather moved and progress waiting to happen on SE area

At 7 the weather got cooler and windy so I came in to make pizza for supper. Britt followed soon after and Sheldon finally arrived at 8. After supper, Britt worked on her 4-H record book, Sheldon went to move more top soil and I updated the blog. Too bad I wasn't paid for the hours doing the blog.. wait you can add advertisements in order to do that but that is not my plan. I do it for the few dedicated followers and for my own diary purposes.

 I enjoyed a hot bath and few chapters of my book, around 9:30 Sheldon came in and had one as well. Brandon dropped Shaina off just before 10 but she grabbed a bag, showed us some photos she took with her new camera and was off to a cabaret sleeping over at the Walkers trailer.

Just around 2 am Coco woke me for water and wanting out, another storm had hit so she was upset for most of the night having me up a few times. And looking out you could see more rain had pooled around the dirt and trees, monsoon season it is. So glad we got lots done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment