Saturday 23 June 2012

425 - island work day, more shrubs planted

Day 425 was an overcast with bits of sun Saturday. I was up at 8:30 finishing my book then got up for tea and toast around 9:30. Sheldon slept until 11 or so when I took him a steamy coffee. He then hopped out of bed and got ready to do dirt work around the island. First order was install the cement extender ring on the septic tank.




I got busy raking and then planted my spirea plants and watered my garden where cauliflower and radishes are on the grow! We even tried a radish and YUM!


Britt was forced up at 10 to clean kitchen and put stuff away. Shaina got home about 11:15 and after washing face and changing she began to scoop dog doo and tidy kitchen of her stuff. Britt caught and tacked up horses for her and Shaina and just after noon they took off for a good ride arriving back just after 1.
 buckets represent the junipers we need to buy yet!
We also straightened the amur cherry tree too before we headed in at lunch at 1. At 2 Sheldon headed back out to grad around the island an then lay a layer of gravel. I worked on the blog and laundry :-/. The girls tidied up their rooms after sorting laundry.



wonder if any of his "shortened" year at Olds taking surveyor course helped figure this machine out :-)
I decided to wash up the washboard Mom found me, thanks Mom!! I have a bit more to do and would like to maybe stain it but not sure. ideas?

before to the left, washed and wet to the right, the one corner is mushy wood, any suggestions? I thought maybe clamping it back tight but not sure.
 below it is drying after the wash but see the soggy areas..hmmm to the right, after I put lemon oil on it

I made family favorite beef tacos for supper. We ate early so Shaina could meet with friends to head back to Standard to the cabaret so after supper she headed our around 5:45. Sheldon tried going back out to work on island for a bit but the brief mist of rain had him scurrying in at 6:30 to the comfort of his bed and book and was soon asleep. I had a shower then continued to update the blog, do laundry and update horse records. Britt figured out how to get net flix on the wii. The rain started to come down around 10:00 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment